Wednesday 24 April 2013

Happy April!

First of all I have a new blog header! Yes I have finally ditched my burger and chips photo, which was taken at the Spotted Pig in NYC a few years ago. This new header was designed by the super talented ShuHan – the creative brain behind the beautiful blog MummyICanCook. I adore the simplicity of her style so I asked her to design a new blog header for me as a favour (and also because I won’t be able to afford her when she becomes famous!). She drew a few samples for me and I chose the one with a pair of red lips about to eat a dumpling, which sort of fits in with my blog title, don’t you think?

Another piece of good news is my Hong Kong style cocktail buns gained a few seconds of air time during Paul Hollywood’s Bread show on BBC2 last Monday. My local baking group BandOfBakers was contacted by the production team to take part in the ‘Enriched bread’ episode. A few members including me had to bake some bread to take with us, so I made cocktail buns. It was quite hilarious to see them on TV, but at the same time I could feel a sense of achievement emerging. I felt like I had done something for Hong Kong. If there was a cocktail bun ambassador, it would be me.

I saved the biggest news till last - I have been shortlisted for this year’s Pink Lady Food Photography Award! With over 5000 entries, I am one of the seven finalists in the ‘Food For Sale’ category. How great is that? I could not believe it when I read the email, and only when I stood in front of the print at the Mall Galleries in London, I started to realise that it was real. Even though I did not win a prize, seeing my name on the wall, and gaining recognition for something I love to do, was an immense feeling. All the winners and finalists’ photos are exhibited at the Mall Galleries, London from 24th April to 28th April 2013.


And it is sunny in London! Happy all round :)


4 comments:

  1. Great work Cherry! It's amazing and loving the new blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAHHHH and girl you are the famous one

    ReplyDelete