Tuesday 3 January 2012

FeedTheTang In Twenty Eleven

2011 was a wonderful year. I visited some countries that I had never been to before, revisited some of my favourite cities, and went back to my dearest home Hong Kong twice. I have also started this blog :) Thanks for dropping by!

Here are the highlights of 2011…

I was in Hong Kong with work in January, and I took the chance to visit my favourite country Japan with my parents before returning to London. We visited Tokyo, Nagoya, Takayama, Sendai, Yamagata and Akita all in one week. What a trip!

Nyuto onsen – A secret hot spring in Akita


Hitsumabushi - Grilled eel three ways in Nagoya


Snow monsters in Yamagata Zao ski resort (poor visibility)


Thanks to Prince William, the extra bank holidays allowed us to plan a perfect trip to India and the Maldives. We visited Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Kochi in northern India, and stayed on a houseboat in the Kerala Backwaters. We had the most delicious vegetarian food in Kerala, and the Maldives is truly a heaven on earth.

Hawa Mahal in Jaipur


Kerala food on the houseboat


Views of the Indian Ocean in the Maldives


We went to Italy to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We had cicchetti and local wine in Venice, just like the locals :)

Cicchetti in Venice


Beautiful Lazise on Lake Garda

More on Italy

I also managed to squeeze in a weekend in Taipei during my work trip to Hong Kong in August!

Night market snacks


The real bubble tea

More on Taipei

We headed to New York for a long weekend, little did we know that we would get stuck because of Hurricane Irene!

Grilled squid salad at Barrio Chino


Lobster roll at Luke’s Lobster

More on New York City

The year's finale was a trip back home (this time for a holiday!)

Seafood feast in Lau Fau Shan


Michelin starred dim sum at Tim Ho Wan

More on Hong Kong

Last but not least some of the best restaurants that have fed the Tang this year:

The Corner Room
Cinnamon Club
Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
Jose and Pizarro
Roganic

In 2012 I will continue to blog about my eating adventures, as well as what will be going on in the Tang’s kitchen. I hope you all have a brilliant year ahead. The Tang will continue to be fed in 2012. Happy eating!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, didn't realise you visited so many places last year! So lucky!
    Keep up with the good work here with the blog tangtang. Looking forward to more brilliant posts from the tang in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete